Taking a step back

So today has been wonderful. In fact the last month has been phenomenal. I was able to go home to Singapore, well technically my parents hometown and visit my relative. It was quite the bonding experience which exactly why we went in the first place. At any rate, my family and I are back in Utah and they are still adjusting to the time difference. A lot is happening my life at this point and I'm trying to not take any for granted or let the "busyness" of life sweep me away. I still kept an extensive journal while on my trip like I have for the last 12 years of my life. So to the real thoughts of the night. We had our stake conference and because we are still adjusting we missed it by 40 minutes but we arrived to hear our stake president. He spoke about the law of chastity and treasures. 

I agree that so many youth are taking their worth for granted. Every person is precious and at a young age with so many hormones kids tend to over look that. The gospel is wonderful for the fact that we can repent and get back on track, but at the same time it's not an excuse to make wrong choices now and make up for it later. I am not perfect but for me this is one law I personally will never defile. I know how much I am loved by my Heavenly Father and His Son. I also know how my it means to my parents and my leaders. These are crucial people in my life but most of all I want to be obedient to Heavenly Father. 


 From young women's my favorite scripture has been and still is D&C 18:10: "Remember the worth of soul is great in the sight of God" I believe that. Everyone is precious including myself so instead of focusing on the negative like, 'what if I ..." Take a step back and a different perspective to look at the good. I'm now six months away from turning 21 and serving a mission for the LDS church. Elder Bednar said 'become a missionary before going on a mission.' so instead of focusing on the event of going on a mission now I want to focus on becoming like a missionary. These things including being consistent in the small things, being obedient, reaching out to other and fortifying my testimony. Stake conference was so edifying and so rich. 

At the end when our stake president spoke about treasures and the people we treasure, apart from my family, I couldn't help but think of one particular friend; Jenna Johns.
Jenna and I aren't super close like she is with Ariel but lately I'm very grateful for her in my life. I'll be moving in with her next week and I am so excited!! One thing about Jenna is her radiance. When you look at her you'll be like 'yeah now I know what you mean' but I'm talking about her other beauty. Her personality is just lovely! I read a quote by a member of the quorum of the 12 (I'm pretty sure it was Elder Hales) and he said, Good friends are those who encourage you to be your best self. I have a wide mix of friends because I love people and I don't think it's fair to judge people on their mistakes. Don't get me wrong I don't mix with the type of crowds that knowingly make bad choices but Jenna is just great. When I think about it every time we hung out its just uplifting. She is the type of person you'd always want around. I'm grateful to know her, truly am.


Life is Good ♥

Comments

Popular Posts