My Best Friend, Sam
Recently I've been thinking about all the things I'm grateful for.
- Family
- School’s out
- Things coming together
- Working out
- Cleaning things out
- Sam Denning
- Good advice
- Hugs
- Soft feel of silk sheets
- Buying clothes
- Bike rides
- Sunrises
- Sunsets
- Quiet times
- Good morning texts
- Being reminded of inside jokes
- Connecting with old friends
- Having a secure comfy job
- Summer nights
- Curling up with a good book.
The list goes on for days but the list was inspired by #6 … Sam Denning. This girl is amazing! When people see us, they just see two best friends who have to do everything together; posting pictures on facebook, constantly making comments about them, laughing about inside jokes, goofing off and everything in-between. But there’s more to our friendship. I’m sure those who have a best friend can understand where this comes from.
Samantha and I met in high school doing something we love: Volleyball
But I'll admit, Sam's on another level so yeah we knew each other in high school and summers of early morning weight training but it wasn't until the beginning of this year that we started hanging out. Dancing brings out the best of us ... ok maybe just our fun side.
The person I know I can always turn to
- for advice
- to be there to complain and vent to
- share secrets
- to listen to repeated boy stories
- to cheer me up when it's been a bad bad day
- do me a favor
- to not say a thing but know exactly what's up
- help me be strong
- share embarrassing moments
- tell me straight
- to accept me for who I am.
Brace yourself for the mush: When you meet a person, sometimes you just know that you're going to be great friends, even best friends. We like to be goofy and we seem like we need to be attached at the hip, but it's not always that way. She has her things to do and I have mine. The time we get to hang out [especially this summer] are memories made and not forgotten. A lot of good memories have between made and in such a short time, we appreciate what the other person brings to the table. This summer was a lot of bonding. Overcoming hard patches and believe it or not we text each other a lot more ... or rather we actually text each other now ;) I would trust this girl with my life and my little sister's life.
"Friend - a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection and loyalty." ♥
- Collins English Dictionary





Comments
Post a Comment