New Years

It never hits me until the actual day shows up on my calendar in big bold letter claiming that it’s a new year.  2012. It will always be the same expression: “wow, it came so fast” “this feel so weird”  or “you’re getting old” .  Yeah … old.

I’m excited to enter a new chapter of life and serve a mission, but I’m grateful for the past year we’ve had.  I say we because I wasn’t alone.  None of us were.   I’m glad to have grown closer with my family; the people I love and cherish the most.  I’m glad to have created new friendships and find meaning in the word trust.  I’m glad to have met new people everywhere and anywhere I go.   I’m so extremely grateful to my ward family and our awesome bishopric and for the growth I see in my life.  
Gee, this feel's like a thank-a-mony.

Take it more as a reflection; it’s really been a great year.  It will always be considered a success when the positive happy moments overwhelm the sad and hard ones.   I’m sure there have been times this year when things weren’t all sparkles and smiles but I remember from those times, the lessons I learned.

I’m finding in my life: currently.  A lot of things I meditate on are very cliché.   Who knows, maybe that’s how life is supposed to be?  Simple.It’s times like these where I wish feels could be expressed from person to person.  One day, when a person will say I know how you’re feeling and truly or rather, literally mean that.  I’m at a loss for words to express how much I’ve learned and how grateful I am.

A New Year will bring new adventures, challenges, struggles, happiness, events and so much more (especially for me in a foreign country).  It really is better to look up and 2012 will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts