Hello,
There might only be a few people who read this post but as long as it gets to the right few, then that's ok. We haven't been around here much since most of our time is with school and work. Blogging about that on occasion is great, but after a while it becomes the same story of long nights at the library with only books and MacBooks to keep up company.
On the plus side, we have been enjoying life and being married and in love. It is great and we recommend it to everyone. On the plus plus side, Ethan submitted his applications for law school and has been receiving good news. No official decision has been made, but we will keep you posted on that. I will be doing an on-campus internship with General Mills next semester which will be exciting! Ethan and I have been lucky to have had such great support and blessing come into our lives. We definitely believe that if you do good, good things will always come back to you. Maybe not immediately, but it does come. We've learned many marriage lessons from trial and error on our own, but we have learned just as many from the people who raised us.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we just wanted to express how much we love our parents; every single one! Yesterday Ethan turned to me and said "Ok we are going to start practicing when you're a mom!" Might I mentioned this involved poking, squeezing my nose, lifting my eyelids when I was pretending to sleep, constant asking "mom, mom, mom can I have a cup of water?" or "mom, mom, mom I don't want to go to bed!" When I would reply, "Go ask dad" Ethan being the crafty person that he is, answered "He's at work" then continued with the poking and asking. At the end of 'practicing' we laughed about how we BOTH were such high energy kids always bouncing around and needing attention. It was humorous but also made us realized that being a parent is a HUGE responsibility and there isn't a handbook for Producing the Perfect Children laying around anywhere. Also, this isn't an announcement of any kind, no one will be promoted to a grandparent this Thanksgiving.
So back to the heart of what we want to express. Parents were once our age, newly married, watching the price is right, and just enjoying life. One day we will be parents and try to be just as good as you were for us. We probably will be wishing someone would write a handbook already to help us avoid making mistakes. At the end of the day, when our kids grow up I hope they will feel about us, they way we feel about our parents. That they are good loving and happy people. That they are the ones who supported the piano, trumpet, flute, and choir lessons. They are the ones who love us no matter what!
Thank you! We love you!
Comments
Post a Comment