One Year!

Time flies when you're having fun with your best friend! Being married for a year has been 
a.m.a.z.i.n.g. and taught me so many different things.  It's been a great blessing to know that I can lay down at night and tell Ethan about all the challenges, struggles and successes of my day.  No matter how tired he is, he's still listening at 2 a.m. bless his heart. 

We always talked about adventures while we were dating and if our lives will be anything like this year, then I feel pretty set for the years to come.  

They say the first year is the hardest.  
It was.  
It was hard to fall asleep at night because I just want to chat and laugh about all the silly things and listen to his stories.  It was hard to stay on campus till 11:30 at night because i'd rather be playing Diablo on the bean bag.  It was hard to not skip class, to go hang out at home and watch Netflix.  It was hard to be unable to fix problems that were out of our hands.  At times, it was hard to accept that I didn't have to work things out on my own.  One of the greatest lessons I learned on my mission was the importance of companionship inventory.   I have come to understand the role of the Spirit in these times of correction.  I joke with Ethan about how perfect he is; but he really is.  Because of his example, I've become a more giving, more humble, more forgiving, kinder person who is quick to assume the good

Despite all the hard things, they all resulted in much better things.

**mushy mushy stuff**


I love the person I'm becoming since we started our lives together.  

On our One Year Anniversary we made sure to do all the things we love! It was also pretty funny when the waitress dropped the whole block of cheese into Ethan's dinner.  We're still laughing about that incident.  There's been some awesome surprises throughout this past year, but no present has ever made me cry like this one.  :)  plus sacrificing new video game time to watch 4 hours of the Oscars! 





We love all our family and friends who have been a part of our year! 

Comments

Popular Posts