Love, The Thompsons
How is it already the middle of February?! Christmas and the start of the year wasn't my favorite but now that we are all healthy and got rid of the flu, we are ready for the year to keep on getting better! Most of you might know how I feel adverse to Valentines Day. At least, the commercialization of it all and how it becomes of show of whose love is the best based on what kinds of gifts are bought. Maybe i'm still living in my resentful high school mind, (and no, it wasn't because I was single) however, I think love is expressed more than just chocolates, flowers and oversized bears.
This last weekend I was out of town for girls spa weekend *post coming soon!* and Ethan was so thoughtful and surprised me with things around the house that has had me smiling for days. I chat with the girls at work and their spouses do the cutest things and that's totally love!! Maybe I'm a Valentines grinch ... oh well.
Lately, I've been reading The Book of Mormon and how Nephi loves God and his family and the people he serves. I've learned a lot about how to love unconditionally and fearlessly. I hope that how Valentines will be for everyone this year. Love without any expectation in return and because you really just love someone important in your life.
This last weekend I was out of town for girls spa weekend *post coming soon!* and Ethan was so thoughtful and surprised me with things around the house that has had me smiling for days. I chat with the girls at work and their spouses do the cutest things and that's totally love!! Maybe I'm a Valentines grinch ... oh well.
Lately, I've been reading The Book of Mormon and how Nephi loves God and his family and the people he serves. I've learned a lot about how to love unconditionally and fearlessly. I hope that how Valentines will be for everyone this year. Love without any expectation in return and because you really just love someone important in your life.
Comments
Post a Comment