End of the year goals

I love that it's already August!  At the start of every month I think three things: 1) did I pay rent? 2) How is it already (insert new month) August and 3) Yay! It's a new month! I wonder what's on the docket?!

Sometimes you just need have a fun adventure on the horizons to put a kick in your step.  I don't know how we are so lucky but we have three adventures to look forward to and I C.A.N.T W.A.I.T!!

I'm talking like shake your presents at Christmas, lick the frosting off the mixing spoon, read the secrets to find out who Jojo chooses, type of excited!!  Blog posts to come maybe, maybe not.

I thought about my goals the other day. [•Learn a new skill •Finish 4 (super good) books • Find a new workout ] To name a few ... so far - let's be honest here- my progress is passable. B+ perhaps? Baby steps.

This is how it goes:
4:30 am - wake up (snooze)
4:40 am - really wake up and get dressed
5:00 am - workout
        and let me tell you, cross-fit is no joke!
6:00 am - watch the sunrise while MJ takes care of a few personal things
       this part of the day varies depending on the dog but basically get ready
6:45 am - read the good word <3
7:20 am - leave for work, to the greatest job with the coolest co-workers
8:00 am - 5:00 pm - bring home the bacon

The evening is not complicated now that I think about it but it always feels like it is. After dinner I either watch a show, visit our family, go to scouts (every Wednesday), clean the house, clean up after the puppy, watch another show, FaceTime our families, talk about life, snapchat each other sitting a few seats away etc ...

Last year before we moved, I said these exact words to Ethan. "I feel like we are so busy all the time. I hope it slows down".  Life check, No! No, it doesn't.  The funny part is, all of our parents say that it never will slow down.  What does that even mean?! Two thumbs up and a pinky with a sprinkle of sarcasm.

Without school, I really am not that busy.  I can't complain.  Except everyday when 9:45pm creeps up on me, I have this sinking thought of 'how did it get so late?!' (Yes, we go to bed at 10 ish because we are on what i like to call, a power missionary schedule.) Although, sleep could not come any sooner and we are SO glad to hit the pillow.

At the end of the day, we are happy.  Life is good and we are so blessed.  Time, on occasion feels like it slips away.  I wouldn't change it.  When the house isn't cleaned and all I did was watch shows with Ethan, then that's a win in my book.

My new end of the year goals:
Get better at cross-fit
Finish the book I started a month ago ;P
Be an awesome wife, as much as my awesome husband.


Comments

Popular Posts