We should all wear scrubs to work!
I love my new job and I'm super grateful for all that my co-workers have taught me these last few weeks. When we first moved to Kansas and had settled down a little more; I started looking full-time for a full-time job. It was tough and since a lot of job want you to have 3-5 years of experience and you can't get experience without starting somewhere ... it was Catch 22 for almost everything I applied to.
Luckily, we are close to family here in Topeka and in the end, everything all worked out. I love going to work every day and learning new things. Everyone, seriously e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. is so nice and friendly. I love wearing scrubs to work and that getting dressed/ ready in the morning is a breeze with no second though about what I need/should wear. Another plus for both Ethan and I is the three minute distance between dropping him off at school and getting to work for me after. It makes it super convenient for our one-car family.
After my first week of work, I was exhausted! I would get home, eat dinner, spend time with Ethan and MJ and crash by 9:30p.m. maybe 10 if I was lucky. Get up at 6a.m. to take the dog out, get ready and grab some snacks for the morning. Lunch time is a 20 minute drive home for 20 minutes with MJ and then 20 minutes back to work. The afternoon at work is always less busy than the morning ... depending on the day. Some days there are 150 patients which seems like time speeds forward. I was super proud of us this last month, making and sticking to our meal plan. I'll be honest, we haven't had much time to explore Topeka but we hope to one day get around to all of the hidden treasures our little town has to offer.
Luckily, we are close to family here in Topeka and in the end, everything all worked out. I love going to work every day and learning new things. Everyone, seriously e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. is so nice and friendly. I love wearing scrubs to work and that getting dressed/ ready in the morning is a breeze with no second though about what I need/should wear. Another plus for both Ethan and I is the three minute distance between dropping him off at school and getting to work for me after. It makes it super convenient for our one-car family.
After my first week of work, I was exhausted! I would get home, eat dinner, spend time with Ethan and MJ and crash by 9:30p.m. maybe 10 if I was lucky. Get up at 6a.m. to take the dog out, get ready and grab some snacks for the morning. Lunch time is a 20 minute drive home for 20 minutes with MJ and then 20 minutes back to work. The afternoon at work is always less busy than the morning ... depending on the day. Some days there are 150 patients which seems like time speeds forward. I was super proud of us this last month, making and sticking to our meal plan. I'll be honest, we haven't had much time to explore Topeka but we hope to one day get around to all of the hidden treasures our little town has to offer.
We had one car for 8 years and it worked out great. I gor my own car in february!
ReplyDelete