Ocean therapy
Sawadii Family,
Summer time and the living is easy. This past weekend
we traveled to Encinitas, California with a quick stop in Las Vegas. The beach
was beautiful. White sand and blue water! Tons of little kids
freckled the beach like sand & it was so fun to see families play with
their little ones. No phones. No problem. ;)
Before the waves got big we boogie boarded in the 70-degree
water and then watched the boys tackle wave after wave. One thing I've
always wanted to try is to be buried in the sand on the beach (strange, i
know). Mom and Nichole assisted in my beach bucket list and it was like
being covered in a warm [heavy] blanket.
After the fun in the sun, more was to be had at a swanky
little Mexican restaurant a few blocks from the beach house we were in and five
minutes from the beach. El Callejon gets a two thumbs up for
yummy guacamole, fresh tortillas and a new favorite - chile relleno. The
restaurant is popular place so don't forget your reservation.
Every trip is a blast and usually the only
hiccups is when I forget to pack Ethan's swim-suit (oops). Up until last week,
I hadn't had a sunburn in over 10 years. At least I'm pretty sure it's
been that long. I experienced my first "severe" sunburn.
I totally have empathy for Ethan and peeps who have to wait for it to
peel or fade away. Lucky for us, we have oil experts in the family and it
totally made the burning-hot-skin feeling reduce significantly.
My mother-in-law made us a peppermint, lavender
and tea tree blend to spray on. Its easy to apply, then just go on with
the day without the residual sticky feeling from burn relief gels. I know
zero to nothing about oil but follow @oils4good on instagram or Like Oils4good on Facebook to get the
scoop!
Sunburn Relief Spray
What You'll Need:
- 8 oz mister bottle
- 10 drops Ameo Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Ameo Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 2 table sppons pure aloe vera gel
Instructions:
- Combine Ameo oils, distilled water and aloe vera gel into mister bottle
- Shake wel
- Spray liberally on sunburned skin
^^ The
recipe is from the Ameo website by searching 'sunburn'. There are other
blends for cleaners, moisturizers or room fresheners. I don't plan on
venturing out in the sun without full sunscreen coverage; but should it happen
I think we'll know who to call!
Stay
tuned for our next destination: the M.I.D - W.E.S.T!




Comments
Post a Comment