Skip to main content
Family
The world is a really big place. 7.046 billion kind of big! Somehow we find a new family connection every few weeks. After getting married to Ethan, I started to realize that my world keeps getting smaller and smaller yet bigger and bigger. I meet new people I'm related to (through marriage) and it's a.w.e.s.o.m.e! I love all the people I meet and the new family that I have become a part of! I'm so excited for the day Ethan can meet all the Asian cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc he's now related to.
Ethan found out a few weeks ago that we are related to a professor in the department that I work for. His grandpa is Ethan's great-grandpa or something of the sort. Yesterday I went to a mission friends wedding and found out we are related to his wife. Her dad is the nephew of our Grandpa; Grandpa Reeves. The situation for finding this information out was a little awkward but I guess curiosity got the best of me. The bride and groom were on their way out to be sent off and I was trying to approach her dad in a casual non-awkward way. My friend who was with me was just laughing in the background. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he was related to any Reeves in Brigham City (but I should have asked about Mantua ... my bad). He said yes and I asked if the names of our grandparents sounded familiar. He proceeded to say yes and invited me into their house where he showed me a picture of grandpa on their wall as a kid. We chatted some more and it was such an interesting thing to me to find out how many people we could possibly be related to in Utah.

The point is, family is essential! All these connections has motivated me to do better about finding my roots and where I stem from and out to. Ethan and I love all of our family members and look forward to the day when everyone can meet everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment