Tying to be better

Yesterday we got home from our cousin camping trip to Yellowstone.  It was an awesome weekend and we love all our cousins!  A big thank you to Kimball for inviting us! (still working on posting about our little camping trip)  During the car ride home, it hit me, 'Oh yeah, it's Sunday'! Then I realized, I didn't even remember to fast; I didn't even think about fasting etc.  To make up for it, I turned on my scriptures and listened to them for a little while. Fortunately I had already slept half the car ride home so I didn't fall asleep to the oh-so-soothing voice of the recorder. 

I started remember all the things I had forgotten to do.  Little things.  Nonetheless, I had forgotten.  I started to think I was going to hell for sure! (ok not really) The lesson was taught to me that repentance is the greatest thing we've ever been given.  Again, it wasn't a big deal as long as I do better the next time. 

It seemed like such a small thing but every month I feel so bad when I forget that it's fast Sunday or I can't hold out cause our ward meets at 1 pm >_<  Regardless of the magnitude of my faults, if i'm trying to be better I think it all works out in the end.  

After coming home from a mission a year ago, I've learned to let go of a lot of things that I think I do wrong but are so far from the truth.  For example, I felt guilty that I wasn't doing my part in the conversion process of investigators back in Thailand.  Lucky for me, that isn't my job and never was, even as a missionary. I felt like I wasn't at the level of depth in the scriptures like when I was a missionary 

I guess the point of today's post is that, there really is no better time than the present.  Ethan always tells me that if I want to do or have something, I wouldn't make excuses to not have it. I'm pretty sure I do one-thousand and one things wrong per day, but I've learned to move beyond those set backs.  At the end of the day, if you can say you did your best; then that's good enough. 
post signature

Comments

Popular Posts