Sister Pattana's Baptism
For several weeks Ethan and I have been praying for a missionary opportunity. It was also a ward mission challenge and as ward missionaries we have been trying our best to fulfill our duty. A few weeks ago, Ethan got a call from the Provo missionaries who serve and teach Asian investigators of Utah. They asked us if we would be free to help teach a Thai lady who lives in Goshen.
Neither Ethan nor I had heard of Goshen but we responded to
the call and we were happy to go! The first experience with Pattana was great! The Elders got to know her and taught her about the Restoration. Sister Pattana Kay has been in the U.S. for about three to four months and has been going to church with her husband. She was familiar with the message and had read all the pamphlets, has been praying and even reading the Book of Mormon. She even accepted a baptism date!
The next week when we went to help the missionaries teach her she was so happy and full of energy. She was willing and accepted to learn about the plan of salvation and live the word of wisdom. It was a neat experience for both Ethan and I to see her progress in this process. It has definitely brought back fond memories of our mission and has strengthened our love for Thailand and the people.
Today during her baptism, Sister Pattana shared her feelings about being baptized and you could feel of her sweet spirit! We are happy and excited for her and her family!
Elder Lehr took the liberty to take some selfies while he was waiting.
พู้ช้วยสอน และแปล
ฉันกตัญญู สำหรับพระกิตติคุญนี่ และความรักของพระบิตา ฉันรู้ว่าเราเป็นครอบครัวกัน ฉันกตัญญูที่สามีเป็นตังอ่ยางที่ดี
I'm so glad to be part of this Church and to have learned the things that I know. I am grateful that I have still so much to learn and opportunities to have experiences like this. I'm grateful to my parents who sacrificed what the needed to, to join this church and then to move to a new country and rely on their faith to be where they are now. I'm so blessed and grateful to have Ethan. He has been a righteous example to me since the day I met him in ChiangMai and has taught me many things among which is the ability to serve with all our "heart, mind, might and strength."
If anyone has referrals or would like to help the missionaries teach Asian investigators, let us know and we can give you their contact information!
Comments
Post a Comment