Yellowstone

We made our way to Yellowstone this past weekend and it was packed with all sorts of adventures.  I'll admit I was a little nervous since the last time I can remember camping  was back in Young Women's.  If we can even call that "camping". I may have over packed. We managed to fit all my stuff into Tanner's car ... barely.  On our way up, we may have missed a minor detail: fuel.   We were 5-6 miles outside of Malad, Utah when we realized the tank was empty.  Apparently the dashboard lied and said we could make it but alas we found ourselves on the side of the road, eating pudding and waiting for road side assistance.  

Once we got that squared away, we were off again.  Full tank and ready to zip up to Yellowstone. Then we hit traffic.  Unfortunately, construction has to be done in every state, right?! I mean Freedom Blvd, could you be anymore rough?!! We waited some more and had some fun taking rain pictures and eating more snacks. At this point, I had probably taken two naps and was on my way to my third. I'm not sure what it is, but long car rides make me incredibly tired! 




 ^^ I'll probably get in trouble for this picture.  It it was so cute! #nomnomnom
 This is what 4 am at Yellowstone looks like 

Hey i think your eyes are closed ;) 

















What big horns you have!



 During this bison traffic jam this guy ^^ decided that the other bison getting frisky with his lady friend needed to knock it off.  He started grunting and walking towards our car.  My window was down and I was horrified and not really sure what to do.  Then he walked in front of the car headlight, and stops. Then the other bison who was causing trouble walked over to the car (on the drivers side) and they are just inches apart from each other and us! I wasn't sure what to do and was freaking out a lot on the inside. They got over it eventually and then walked away, but for those 10 minutes I was sure we were goners! 
We got really close to Gus (that's what Ethan and I decided to name him). If there wasn't the possibility of getting rabies, I would have picked him up. 












Ethan took a majority of these shots and told me all about his love for wildlife photography.  Our cousin Kimball, who is way boss at photography (check him out --> Kimball Reeves Photography) taught us some cool trick about how to take better quality pictures. I'll admit that I didn't pay too much attention, even though I should have, but nature was too good to miss.  Plus, these lenses were heavy. 

It's hard to say what my favorite part of the trip was.  I loved all the sites and wildlife.  I loved hanging out with all our cousins (Tricia, Sara, Spencer, Tanner and Kimball) and playing phase 10 till no one could stand it anymore.  I enjoyed making my first camping meal.  Laying in the hammock with Ethan. Making fires and burning things. I'm excited for the next time we get to hang out for Yellowstone part 2! 
After we got home, I washed my hair 4 times before the campfire smell faded.  It finally went away after 3 days. ;) 
post signature
p.s. I realized we have NO group pictures :( I guess we'll have to borrow them from Kimball. 

Comments

Popular Posts