It's been a year!
January 24th 2013, Ms. Betsy Zatarain asked me (at the time Sister Yeo) what I was doing. Lets just say I wasn't quite a missionary but I was about to be. Yesterday on our lovely National celebration of the 4th, I thought about that question again 'what was I doing a year ago.' This time I knew for a fact that I was in the air with 7 other great missionaries about to come home. We all had finished a hard, memorable, and rewarding mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In that time the experiences were rich and has made a lasting impact for my life
Starting with learning how to say the hardest Goodbyes
A year and a half of testimony building and praying for the gift of tounges
Being part of a new kind of family
Meeting some of my best friends
Re-discovering snail mail
Being part of the best sisterhood
Learning in the best of the best places, how to serve the Lord
Making it to Thailand! and learning how to spend time on a 22 hour flight without music or movies
Learning how to be fearless
MEMBER MISSIONARIES! What could we do without you?!?!
and of course, the people whose changes, helped change my life
and of course the people supporting me through it all
I loved the mission. With all my heart.
And this year has been the best and I owe that to Ethan and our family and friends.
Comments
Post a Comment