The Food Network
Over the last month or so, Ethan and I have been obsessed with watching late night episodes of Chopped, (the next) Food Network Star and Iron Chef America. I think there are a few things that we love about these shows. One, we love the food. Two, we love Elton Brown he's pretty much the Jim Gaffigan of kitchens. Third, the thrill of time running down on the clock. Lastly, seeing the final verdict! What can I say? I'm a sucker for wanting to know what's coming next. (Since we've already finished all seasons of several shows i.e. Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Community and probably more). Satisfaction. Like after a pint of Ben and Jerry's cinnabon.
Maybe it's just because I always get hungry at this hour or that I have been wanting to be good at cooking since I was a little one. I'm more into the baking and/or anything that appeals to my sweet tooth. However, since Ethan and I got married, I realized that every meal can't be desserts and treats. Cooking has always seemed easy growing up cause I could follow what my mom was doing. As I have been trying to expand our genre of foods made at the Thompson home I thought it would be good to start with all the recipes from our family. We've had some great family not-so-secret secrets passed down at the same time we have discovered some of our own.
Some of our favorites are:
Maybe it's just because I always get hungry at this hour or that I have been wanting to be good at cooking since I was a little one. I'm more into the baking and/or anything that appeals to my sweet tooth. However, since Ethan and I got married, I realized that every meal can't be desserts and treats. Cooking has always seemed easy growing up cause I could follow what my mom was doing. As I have been trying to expand our genre of foods made at the Thompson home I thought it would be good to start with all the recipes from our family. We've had some great family not-so-secret secrets passed down at the same time we have discovered some of our own.
Some of our favorites are:
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Brownies
- Homemade Cheesecake
- Mango Sticky Rice
and for dinner:
- Enchiladas
- Chicken Rice
- Thai Curry with Sticky Rice
- Mongolian Beef
These are a few of many but long story short folks, we love food. We are also fond of going out to try new places to eat anywhere from Vegas to Salt Lake or where ever we adventured off to that day. Just like any Asian; pictures of yummy things will be taken. So if you're ever in need of a recommendation; you know where to find us!
Comments
Post a Comment