The dream
This obsession isn't that new for Ethan but it is for me. In high school I liked all the normal sports that most kids do, volleyball, track, dance etc. It was fun to be part of a team and I miss the days where we missed class for the game. When Ethan and I started dating, he had incredible upper body strength (he still does). I would secretly check him out but didn't tell him that until after we were engaged. While we were dating he tried to get me into Rock Climbing so that we could go on extravagant adventures together this summer. Well we did! It's been awesome and I now LOVE rock climbing.
At first it was the chalk, I hated the way it made my hands feel and just hated that it was chalk. period! Then I grew to love it and now lather my hands in that white power. Then it was the shoes. Who is crazy enough to shove their foot into a shoe two sizes too small?! Us! It actually feels super snug and once your shoe molds to your feet; it's like a match made in heaven. Next was the uncomfortable tightness in my forearms that came after every workout. I couldn't even squeeze a sponge to wash the dishes. Soaking in the tub for half an hour didn't alleviate it that pain all that much. Well, after we went everyday for weeks at a time the pain wasn't even a thing. It was welcomed like Christmas morning. It's all about your legs anyways.
I loved top rope more than I liked bouldering. Mostly because when I got tired and could sit back and take a break instead of falling off the wall and having to completely start all over again. Then as I got better and learned more tricks from Ethan, bouldering became the new favorite. We talk about putting a rock wall in our future home and maybe putting it over a pool. That's the next dream. Next year, we are planning a trip back to Thailand, and you better believe rocks will be climbed. Most of the climbs (from what we hear/looked up) are down south but hopefully there are some up North too!
Pictures: courtesy of Pinterest.
Costa Blanca
Railay Bay, Krabi Thailand
Dropping during Lead Climbing scares me
We like the 5.10 brand a lot. Ethan has lace-ups which are better than velcro
(depending if you're indoor or outdoor)
Sometimes being short is a good thing or a bad thing.
Amen to that
I'm definitely scared of heights, still am and probably will be. Even tho it took me a while to jump off at the top of a wall, I'm not scared of a challenge and there's always a new one to be had in climbing.





Climb on my beautiful girl.
ReplyDelete